12.13.2005

(days of rescue)



My brain is a night written anonymous in the shadows before the drunks start in on their laments and the good kids get to catch the last rays of the cathode which used to reveal a world of splendor i never thought i'd live to know.

But it's later now.

We've all survived (at least the ones that'll make this part of the story).

And with every day that passes me by i catch another shimmering glimpse of immortality.

I know that's foolish. i know i will die and so will every name i've ever loved. but in the moments i have before that time it is possible i can savor every inch of life. i can savor every inch of noise that made me wish i still cried like when i was a boy. i can experience the unrepentent joy of friends imbibed by a tree. i can suffer with the strange dignity of a man obsessed with beauty.

Which i am.

And i am glad to find it thriving all around me even when...

Hell, always.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home