2.16.2006

(quarter left)



My brain is a toast to letting the past go for a night.

And i'll let it slip simply. for now, at least. i'll coat my heart in whiskey and let it sleep at least two hours longer in the morning. i'll let myself not give a shit because all the self-pitying late night rhetoric, sometimes, just isn't fucking worth it.

Tonight i'll think of beautiful women. i'll think about forgotten music. i'll sing louder that i should considering the stumbled state i'm in (or would it be just perfect?).

I'll let my life happen, unabated, one more cigarette in my hand just to know that i can.

Words will fail me. my eyes will fall. i'll shiver in half-winters and i'll wish nothing more than to say goodnight on crystal shores left alone in the moonlight.

Love, unaware.

Unfettered.

Unafraid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home